Thursday 24 November 2011

COD and Coke

O.k so 1st topic. The release of  COD Modern Warfare 3 last week, Fifa 12 mid September, and a bucket load of other games in the coming weeks means the latter part of the year is a cruel time for the Gaming Widow.

My wife, her work friends and my colleagues' partners all fall prey to this problem at the same time every year. Hundreds of thousands of women like them from all around the globe find that instead of a loving, caring and thoughful partner they end up almost living alone.
Isolated to back bedrooms and friends houses while there partners and husbands spend hour after hour day after day and in most cases night after very late night, trying to defeat the enemy or beat that 'bogey' team.

Personally, I'm not a massive COD fan, but I do know of those who take a couple of days, even a whole week of leave around the release to make sure they get some good game time. So I have some advise for couples at this saddening time.

Men remember that invariably you will pay a price for your 'neglect' of duty as a boyfriend/partner/husband and that Gaming hours + irratability-sleep = 2 x Girly films and extra effort + gift.

Women, fear not, after your man descovers he is still not Rooney, Rambo or the ultimate hero, he will return and in the mean time, there is less chance of him noticing a credit card purchase when he's tired!

Secondly I am loving Him and Her. Not sure how much this comedy is appreciated but I doth my cap to BBC 3 for commisioning a second series. I love the way this show makes me both laugh out loud, at the "oh my god we do that" kind of moments between Steve & Becky, and cover my face and wince at the akward, cringe worthy comments and actions when Steve puts his foot in it.

Episode 3 series 2 The Get-Together was just brilliant, some of the looks and comments Steve got from Becky's dad Nigel got me remembering the moment I met my wifes family for the first time. Deciding to ease me in gently I only met her Mum initially which went great, but then meeting her dad, a part time magistrate, was scary as shit. This was closely followed by meeting everyone else, meaning all 10 of them got to gawp at me, and I promptly handcuffed my wife (then girlfriend) then realised the key was 10 miles away!
Embarassing!

Any embarassing stories of 1st meetings would be a great read, and make me feel less alone in the stupid stakes.

And a final thought.

Christmas is officially on the way, how do I know this? Well it's not because of the hundreds of adverts for Argos, Toys-R-Us and John Lewis, the fact that M & S have jumped on the X Factor band wagon or the tacky and frankly lackluster lights popping up in every shop. No it's because I have seen the Coke HOLIDAYS ARE COMIN' advert, with their famous truck! When this hits the Tele you know it's Christmas, and extra special this year, it is touring!! Check out the link. I for one am off to see it (with my nephew and nieces in tow, just so I don't look so sad)

Mouse Door and Beer

1 comment: